Monday, March 21, 2011

Improve your Spanish already!


Image via amazon.com


The best thing about my sabbatical: I've started writing again.

The worst thing about my sabbatical: Besides the salary cut? I've started writing again.

I'm too obsessive to do things halfway, so I spend most days in my pajamas in my study working on pieces, some of which I started almost twenty years ago. The feeling of finally completing things is freeing. I've been blocked by the many projects I'd started and then abandoned. But it's necessary for me to stay completely focused and one-track, so I've been at my desk fourteen hours a day. It's the only way I can work. If that sounds awful, it's not. It's been great fun!

So, outside my trip to Rome, I've done no traveling, very little reading, and the bare minimum in studying Spanish. I haven't even seen the new Jane Eyre yet although I've been looking forward to it for ages.

And I need to address that imbalance somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment